Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My footpath

Today I am photo blogging. This is for my family and close friends. I finally had the time to take some pictures of my footpaths everyday from office to the flat...

This is my work area. Looks busy =)
This street is across my office and where I walk everyday. The building with a green sign has a Starbucks on the ground floor and where we usually hang around for our latte' nights.

The left side of this pavement are all stores and restaurants famous in Abu Dhabi like the Lebanese Mill, Al Farooj, Al Sultan Bakeries, the famous Lebanese roasters, etc...
A mini mosque common and scattered around UAE..Mostly I passed by the time the trumpet is blown as a signal for prayer time.

My unmanicured feet in a 3-inch bootie..
Almost near home...This side are mostly Indian restaurants ala 'carinderia' where Mario and I sometimes buy Chapatti with egg sandwich.

 closer...
This is the famous PANADERIA. The first time I came here I was surprised to find this and very near to where we live. Breads are all Filipino style. You can find cheese bread, spanish bread (which Arabic loves), cheese pandesal, etc And of course the famous pandesal that is always newly baked. You can buy pandesal for AED1.00 (less than Php12.00) for 3 pieces and it's big in size like the pandesal we buy in Pugon de Manila.
This is only a few step from our flat =). By the way, have you noticed that all my pictures are with cars? Well, that is because Abu Dhabi has no parking areas. Their buildings are not equipped with parking spaces and it is only recently that the new buildings are required to have parking spaces. Hence, cars, cars everywhere! A Lamborghini there, a Mercedes here, Lexus, Hyundai, Toyota, Volkswagen, even a Mini is just all in the streets waiting for dusts to settle in. Back in Manila these cars are  put in the privacy of our homes inside the garage with lock and keys and a cover to boot afraid that it might get scratches or be stolen. So just to think of it, it's scary to know that these streets are a haven for car thieves. Mags, side mirrors, wheels and perhaps the whole car itself. Good thing about UAE, every crime is of course punishable by law and every expat citizen wouldn't dare do anything against it. I am beginning to see that life here is simple but rich. But then again, I still miss home where all the action and drama is...

No comments:

Post a Comment