Monday, June 27, 2011

Taxi Scene

I forgot to mention that on our way home inside a cab, our driver blew a horn on the car in front of us. Though it was late, traffic is still large. By the way, most Abu Dhabi taxi drivers are reckless and drives too fast, I just don't know why, and our driver is not an exception. 


So anyway, our driver said that the car in front of us is owned by a rich sheik. So my husband asked why he knew that. According to our driver when the plate number has only 2-3 numbers, it's expensive and owned by sheiks..So my husband already engaged in a conversation, told him that in his own country (meaning the Philippines) car plates are identifiable by color like green plate is for privately-owned vehicle, yellow for public transportation, red plate for government-owned vehicle,and so forth. As our driver was also saying something about "In my country........" and since, I cannot understand what our driver is saying, my mind drifted off somewhere not far not paying attention to what the conversation is about and only half listening to my husband's yes and nos.


Eventually I turned to Mario and asked..."Naiintindihan mo ba sinasabi niya? Sigurado ako hindi"....And Mario said..."Hindi. Um-oo ka na lang" which made me laugh! So i let him enjoyed the conversation. On our stop, we thanked the driver and went off the cab. 


I noticed my husband's puzzled look. So i asked him what about. He said "Did you heard what he said? How he pronounced the word government? I could not almost understand what he is pertaining to." So we had a little laugh at that. 


Word of the day: Government              Pronounced as: Gover-na-ment

No comments:

Post a Comment