Monday, June 13, 2011

It's My Birthday!!

It's my birthday yesterday. It's my first birthday spent in UAE and it's Independence Day in the Philippines. So it's also recognized here in AUH :-)
That's me with all the Philippine Bananas at Carrefour...
I have been receiving birthday greetings since last Thursday, June 9. So I am really, really happy getting an overseas call from my APEX family and reading greetings on my FB page. 
Shukran! (Thank you in Arabic)         


Since Sunday is a working day in the Middle East, I have already celebrated my birthday last Thursday night  at Chili's, Al Mariah (So Fri & Sat would be a rest day). My guests are my flatmates and I consider them family. Two of my friends will be arriving late so we decided to sample the appetizer first.                      

Their Nachos are great!  
And so is there buffalo wings.


Most of my guests had New York & Ribeye steak…


Yum!
I got a Fajita Trio...It's chicken, beef and shrimp fajitas..all-in-one!




I ordered a strawberry margarita. It turned out to be more like a strawberry shake-Margarita without alcohol. (This is the Middle East what do I expect!)         


Pina colada & Margarita (juice?)
After our stomachs were filled with the generous portions of the meal, we decided to go to another place for coffee. Oh but before I left, I asked the lovely Filipina Manager, Ms Lylwyn, if I can have my postcards. If you get 5 of this, Chili's will give you free dinner! And I already collected 4 :-) And before I exited the door, she convinced me to take a picture from their booth (I love Chili's Al mariah). Not so bad for a birthday girl, eh?  


Add them in FB...    ilovechilis_almariah@yahoo.com.Ms Lylwyn has been telling me they have lots of offers and packages up their sleeves...coming soon..         


P.S. Look at this...Just happy looking at them. It's an ordinary gimik night after all :-)                


        

No comments:

Post a Comment