Monday, June 20, 2011

Khalidiyah Mall

Last Saturday night my husband and I decided to go to Khalidiya mall located along 26th street. (See my next blog about Abu Dhabi streets).

The first time I went there, I was amazed at the façade of the mall. It's very Arabic in architecture and looks huge. At night, the building changes its color from pink to yellow and yellow to pink. You would feel that there's always a celebration going on.       



I noticed that most of the shoppers are locals and you will only encounter a handful of Filipinos and other expats.        

Around the city, you will notice that each mall has its unique shops or restaurants where only you can find exclusively in that particular place. With Khalidiyah, we go there for Krispy Kreme  (which Mario craves from time to time)   


Very comfy on this sofa reading Tempo magazine.
A weekly FREE magazine distributed to all major malls.





He read Tempo, while I read Agatha's magazine :-) (Yes, there is one small shop here. Back home it's located in Greenbelt)  
The mall has 3 floors. The ground floor has a big Lulu grocery and some shops while the third floor has a cinema and food court. What's in between are more shops.  Some known brands are housed here, but too few for a shopaholic like me.   
     

La Senza



Woolsworth




                 Oh and of course we visited Alcott's. It's an Italian brand that offers casual clothing. This is also one store  where you can only find in Khalidiyah... My sister knows this because there is also an Alcott store in Bahrain.




 Inside Alcott …it’s a sale!        









It's a sale and so we left not empty handed…yay! After going around the mall for sometime, which is not as big as I have thought before, we went up the food court and tried this Thai restaurant for a change. Thai Express claims to offer authentic Thai food. I asked our server what she recommends and pointed out 3 dishes which I find so common. She said that is what mostly Filipino orders. But I told her I want authentic
 Thai taste and she hesitantly pointed out a dish which she cautiously  said might be too hot for me. When our food arrived, we eagerly tasted the fare. Mine is chicken with red curry. It is hot but not as hot as I expected.











Over-all it was a tasteful meal but back home in Manila most of the Thai restaurant still heads on my list... Before heading home, we passed by the groceries.
 From time to time, we do enjoy shopping at Lulu because we  see  products not available in Carrefour or Coop. After checking some stuff, tasting some fruit called Kaka (which according to the merchandiser comes from S. Africa), and buying our food for the week, we finally headed home. It's a Sunday the following day and a work day after all...      

  

No comments:

Post a Comment