Monday, August 1, 2011

Sick

I'm sick for the past 5 days =(.  Acute gastritis. Same old illness back home and appears when I eat too much. I have acid influx too...So now off I went to the doctor at Al Raha Hospital after suffering for 3 days. 

Gave my medical card to the receptionist then headed straight to the doctors office. After asking a few questions, while typing my problem into the computer, he printed out a prescription for me. Thanked him, paid AED50.00 to the cashier and went to the pharmacy. The Pharmacist gave me medicines I needed (free) and some instructions. Then off I went home.

They say UAE has one of the best health care in the world. They can even cover for cancer if necessary including all medications.

I am not surprised why many expats stay here. Tax free, good medical insurance, Government subsidized electric and water, and of course cheap gas! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment